2019 HYLAX BOYS – 7/8 Group Player Evaluations and Team Selection
The 7th and 8th graders will be divided into 3 teams to meet playing time needs and most closely match the current format used by all of the other programs in Ohio. It is our goal that each of these teams will have an equally great experience. Players will gain the training needed via proper coaching to continue to learn and grow in Lacrosse and life lessons.
Vikings – Select Team – Will play the toughest schedule and compete in the OMSLA tournament. Coach Dan Jenkins will be the Head Coach for this team. An estimated roster of 18 players will be positioned. Playing time is all earned based on merit and attitude.
Navy Explorers - Will play a mixed level schedule. Mix of Upper level and Development teams.
Steel Explorers - Will play a mixed level schedule. Mix of Upper level and Development teams.
REGISTER for Spring by February 8th to be eligible. If financial questions/support, please contact us.
All players will be evaluated on 4 basic categories:
- Physical - Speed, Agility, Size, Strength.
- Technical – Ability to execute 4 Fundamentals: Pass, Catch, Scoop, Shoot. Strong and Off hand will be measured.
- Tactical – Understanding of the game and game situations both offense and defense. Field and general lacrosse awareness.
- Intangibles – Attitude. Responsiveness to coaching. Works well in team environment. Unselfish play.
February 24th – March 17rd - NC and Pinnacle practice sessions will determine players’ abilities and ensure proper placement in the program.
Sundays – 2/24/19 – 3/17/19 – 2:00 - 3:30pm at Pinnacle Twinsburg
Saturday, March 16 - 2:00 - 4:00pm at NC Soccer Club, Field 4
Please note: Additional dates and times may be added due to field availability and weather
Team selection details:
- Team selections will be released prior to spring break.
- Players will not move between teams once assigned. (exceptions possible pending injuries)
- Boys Director Matt Brown along with Coaches Richie Lipton and Owen O’Donnel will be running the Evaluation sessions. Additional Evaluators will be selected by Matt Brown