2016 HYLAX BOYS – 5/6 Group Player Evaluations and Team Placements
SMALL TIME CHANGE FOR SATURDAY!!! Clinic will go from 2pm to 5:30pm.
It is the mission of the Hudson Youth Lacrosse program to help every child have fun and develop the fundamentals of playing lacrosse. To accomplish these goals the child must be placed in the correct skill level. To this we will be implement skill-based teams at the 5/6th grade level.
PLAYER EVALUATION PROCESS
Player evaluations are held to ensure that your son is placed on a team where he can have fun and compete with like-skilled players. The purpose of these evaluations is to place individual players with other players that have similar lacrosse skills and athletic ability. We project to three teams at the 5/6th grade level for the 2016 Season, One select team and two equal "B" teams. This format also aligns with tournament brackets and our games schedule.
REGISTER for Spring by March 11th to be eligible. If financial timing issues, feel free to contact us. Click HERE to register.
Eagles – Select Team – Will compete mostly versus 6th grade A teams and in Ohio Cup.
Bears - Will play a mixed level schedule. Mix of upper level and some Development teams.
Bulls - Will play a mixed level schedule. Mix of upper level and some Development teams.
All players will be evaluated on 4 basic categories:
- Speed, Agility, Size, Strength.
- Ability to execute 4 Fundamentals: Pass, Catch, Scoop, Shoot. Strong and Off hand will be measured.
- Understanding of the game and game situations both offense and defense. Field and general lacrosse awareness.
- Attitude. Responsiveness to coaching. Works well in team environment. Unselfish play.
March 12th, 2 - 5:30pm at WRA Fieldhouse. Arrive with all gear at 1:45pm. Gatorade and Snack provided. No Cleats at WRA. Click HERE for a complete listing of gear required.
115 College St., Hudson, OH 44236
- Player must be registered to participate. Click HERE to register
- No Cleats. Running shoes and/or flat surface shoes. WRA is multi use surface.
- Bring Reversible Jersey. Prefer Navy/white…. Dark Color/white.
- Bring own Water. Gatorade provided at break. Guests of WRA - pick up trash.
- No spectators. Your player will meet you in the lobby at 5:30pm
- Evaluators will select players for all teams (see below) based on this event. Rosters will be finalized once all evaluations are completed.
Our goal is to make this a fun, combine-style event with instruction at each station. We know, and value, that not every player comes to us with the same level of experience. We do not want players new to the sport to feel overwhelmed. There is a spot for every player where they will all grow as a lacrosse player and as a teammate.
1:45pm – Player check in. Each player assigned color group and number.
2pm – Group run and stretch.
2:20pm – Testing Stations.
TRACK TESTING (4 groups). Helmets and Gloves only.
FIELD TESTING (4 groups) 1 hour.
- GB Timed
- 1 vs 1 with Keepers.
- 3 vs. 2 FB drill.
4:30 pm Break. HYLAX will provide Granola Bars (Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Almond), Fruit Snacks, and Gatorades etc
4:45pm - 2 small fields 6 vs. 6.
Team placements will be released by Saturday, March 19th.
Eagles will likely be composed of mostly 6th graders and in cases of close comparison, 6th grader will be chosen over 5th grader.
Rosters will be finalized once all evaluations are completed. Matt Brown and Coaches for 5/6 group will be running the Evaluation sessions. Additional Evaluators will be selected by Matt Brown.
If you cannot attend 3/12/16 date. Please notify Matt Brown (
) and Doug Hackenberg (